Two little girls were standing outside my door, waiting for the school bus to pick them up for the last time this school season. One girl was a 4th grader, the other in 5th grade. We chatted about their summer plans and advancement into the next grade. I was struck by the simplicity of the conversation....there were no tall tales, no bragging, no dismal or unkind words, no phrases of defeat...nothing like that. It got me thinking.....(uh oh)
So....what if I...or we.... did the same. We brought back that light-hearted, giggly mindset we used to have. What if we approached our lives like super-sheroes and set no boundaries.
I immediately decided to set up a few new rules of engagement and bring back the stuff that, in retrospect, contributed to a wonderful life, way back in the day. Wanna hear them? Here goes...
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
1. I will laugh as hard, loud and often as I can every single day without apologizing
2. I will not talk myself out of anything that initially made me tingle
3. I will do the things I promised I'd do last summer - with or without a man or a friend
4. I will not be embarressed by what I think you'll think (how silly is that....really?!)
5. I will make a new acquaintence every time I stand on line somewhere
6. I will bring a piece of joy into someone elses life - on purpose
Make up your own rules or incorporate these in your new, happy, simple life. Let us know how it goes. Here's to a simpler life!
REINVENT YOURSELF at ANY AGE
NBC's Today Show asks
Neero & Ana's CEO how she did it. Watch below.
BEAUTY MISTAKES THAT AGE YOU
Click the Dr. Oz button to reveal how you may be aging yourself by mistake.
Neero & Ana's CEO shows one beauty secret that will take years off your look.......
Sites We Love